(Click on the images to enlarge them.)
Saturday April 30th, The Friends of Stinson will be on our back patio with beautiful flowers, tasty herbs and tomatoes, and many more potted plants!
Friday May 6th, we will have a Mother’s Day program! Kids can come to the library to plant a flower, paint a pot and give a mother you love something beautiful!!
Additionally, we are starting a BOOK CLUB!
(Check the new side bar on the right →)
We have a trainer from out of town here to walk people through setting up devices to use 3M. She will be here until noon today (3/30/16). Stop by and we’ll help you make your digital reading experience smoother than ever!
If you can’t make it to the grand opening this morning, all the Staff have been trained and will be able to help you any time in the future.
WINTER BOOKSALE EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! Friday February 5th – 7th.
(Click image to enlarge)
On a side note, the Friends of Stinson Memorial Public Library District are an option as a charity on smile.amazon.com. If you do any online shopping, this is a free way to give a little extra help your local library!
Come join us this weekend for Colorfest fun at the library! We have a full weekend of events scheduled.
Photography by Union County’s Steven Johnson
- Friends-only Book Sale- Take advantage of your Friends of the Library Membership and get the first pick of the books in the Colorfest Book Sale! Don’t have a Membership? No problem! Memberships will be available to purchase at the door.
- Book Sale- This sale is open to the public. Come support the library by purchasing books from our wide selection available!
- Library Rummage Sale- A variety of items will be available for purchase outside the library. Stop by to see what treasures you can unearth!
- Storywalk® and fall craft- Bring your kids by the library for a unique outdoor Storytime experience! Walk along the path to follow along with the story and participate in interactive stations. When you reach the end, Ms. Beth will be there with a craft to take home and a treat!
- Face painting- After all your adventuring, get your face painted! Face paintings will cost $1 and proceeds will go to the Children’s Program Fund.
- Bag Sale- Come back to the Book Sale to pick up any items you may have missed!
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration the Kellogg Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
We’ve began recommending books along the side bar of our webpage as you may have noticed! (check the bottom of our mobile site or look on the right on desktop view—>)
These are books that Stinson staff have read and enjoyed. We either write or find a short description of the book and publish it here. In addition to the description, each item has an image of the book cover and a direct link to the book’s record in out PAC (allowing patrons to see if the book is checked in, reserve a copy of the book, or just find o0ut more about it).
We’re hoping to be able to publish about 3 every 2 weeks. Reviews from the past will be listed below our latest suggestions.
We hope you enjoy these books as much as we have ☺
I will be assisting with tech questions and troubleshooting all day Tuesdays! Drop by the library anytime from 10AM to 7PM for one-on-one help.
While continuing to evolve the way I offer answers to questions about technology, I have come to the conclusion that a more flexible time schedule for tech support would better suit our patrons.
The benefits of this will include:
•Patrons can drop in or leave at any time that the library is open
•Because fewer people will arrive at once, I, and other staff members, will be able to give more one-on-one support.
•The extra time will allow me to better help patrons with extensive or complex problems and questions.
All questions are welcome, from the simple to the complex.
Questions I’ve successfully answered in the past include:
•Why does my computer run slowly? How can I speed it up?
•Why won’t my computer start? How can I fix it?
•What is hardware? What is software?
•How do I install new hardware or software?
•What should I look for when shopping for a new computer, phone, or tablet?
•What does all this computer jargon mean?
•How do I read, or listen to books and magazines through legal and free databases?
•How do I access the library’s catalog, order items, and check my account information from home?
•How do I move files from my phone, tablet, or computer to another device that I own?
•What can I do to protect my computer/mobile from viruses? How do I remove a virus?
•How do I use a specific program (Word, OpenOffice, MS Paint, Windows Explorer, cmd.EXE and PowerShell, Audacity, and many others)
•How do I Update my computer to Windows 10 or confirm that my current operating system is up to date?
•How do I make those cool looking bullet points with just a keyboard?
And many more!
I hope to see you there!