(Click on the images to enlarge them.)
Saturday April 30th, The Friends of Stinson will be on our back patio with beautiful flowers, tasty herbs and tomatoes, and many more potted plants!
Friday May 6th, we will have a Mother’s Day program! Kids can come to the library to plant a flower, paint a pot and give a mother you love something beautiful!!
We have a trainer from out of town here to walk people through setting up devices to use 3M. She will be here until noon today (3/30/16). Stop by and we’ll help you make your digital reading experience smoother than ever!
If you can’t make it to the grand opening this morning, all the Staff have been trained and will be able to help you any time in the future.
WINTER BOOKSALE EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! Friday February 5th – 7th.
(Click image to enlarge)
On a side note, the Friends of Stinson Memorial Public Library District are an option as a charity on smile.amazon.com. If you do any online shopping, this is a free way to give a little extra help your local library!
Come join us this weekend for Colorfest fun at the library! We have a full weekend of events scheduled.
Photography by Union County’s Steven Johnson
- Friends-only Book Sale- Take advantage of your Friends of the Library Membership and get the first pick of the books in the Colorfest Book Sale! Don’t have a Membership? No problem! Memberships will be available to purchase at the door.
- Book Sale- This sale is open to the public. Come support the library by purchasing books from our wide selection available!
- Library Rummage Sale- A variety of items will be available for purchase outside the library. Stop by to see what treasures you can unearth!
- Storywalk® and fall craft- Bring your kids by the library for a unique outdoor Storytime experience! Walk along the path to follow along with the story and participate in interactive stations. When you reach the end, Ms. Beth will be there with a craft to take home and a treat!
- Face painting- After all your adventuring, get your face painted! Face paintings will cost $1 and proceeds will go to the Children’s Program Fund.
- Bag Sale- Come back to the Book Sale to pick up any items you may have missed!
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration the Kellogg Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
We’ve began recommending books along the side bar of our webpage as you may have noticed! (check the bottom of our mobile site or look on the right on desktop view—>)
These are books that Stinson staff have read and enjoyed. We either write or find a short description of the book and publish it here. In addition to the description, each item has an image of the book cover and a direct link to the book’s record in out PAC (allowing patrons to see if the book is checked in, reserve a copy of the book, or just find out more about it).
We’re hoping to be able to publish about 3 every 2 weeks. Reviews from the past will be listed below our latest suggestions.
We hope you enjoy these books as much as we have ☺